Frequently Asked Questions

How do I reserve a shelter house?

To reserve a shelter house call the office at 336-2747 or come to City Hall at 531 Main Street.  Shelter houses may be reserved for daylight hours on a first come, first served basis.  There is no cost, however, a $10 deposit must be made to receive the reservation sign to post.  Upon return of the sign, the deposit will be refunded.

What are the requirements for a Special Vehicle Permit?

Special Vehicle Permits for utility vehicles are available in the office at 531 Main Street and are good for 1 calendar year.  To receive your permit you will need:

1.  Proof of current insurance
2. Proof of ownership/Title
3. Proof of Registration/Tax Role
4. $25 License Fee

Read the ordinance to see if your vehicle qualifies for a Special Vehicle Permit.

Do I need to register my pet with the City?

All dogs and cats must be registered at the City Clerk’s office by February 15th of each year.  If you acquire a new pet after February 15th, registration is required within 45 days.  Proof of current rabies vaccination is required and recorded from year to year.